Thursday, September 24, 2015

New Recipe: Bourbon Chicken

Happy Tasty Thursday?
Since I didn't have time to post a recipe on my usual Tuesday, I decided to switch it up and celebrate Tasty Thursday instead. This was a new recipe that I tried earlier this week and it packed plenty of flavor. Despite its name, it's an Asian inspired chicken. I started it when I got home from work and had it finished within 35 minutes of starting so it's definitely an easy dish for when you're looking for a quick and easy meal.

Ingredients:
  • 2 lbs boneless chicken nuggets (you can buy chicken breasts but the nuggets are easier to dice up)
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 tsp ginger
  • 1 tsp red pepper flakes
  • 1/4 cup apple juice
  • 1/3 cup light brown sugar
  • 2 tbsp ketchup
  • 1 tbsp cider vinegar
  • 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup water

Directions:
  1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
  2. While skillet is heating up, dice up chicken into bite sized bits (think when you get hibachi chicken at a restaurant).
  3. Add chicken pieces to skillet and cook until browned.
  4. Remove chicken and set aside.
  5. Add remaining ingredients, stir to combine and heat until well mixed.
  6. Add chicken back to skillet and bring to a boil.
  7. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
  8. Enjoy! -- Note: I served mine with rice and vegetables
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Yum! is all I have to say about this!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good and with ho much I am into food lately, this is for sure something I want to try!

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    southernbeth.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo